Friday, October 24, 2014

Asking for your vote! Up for Faces of Farming & Ranching



I’m honored to be one of eight finalists in the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance® Faces of Farming & Ranching nationwide search!  (I don’t like asking for votes.)

So what does that mean?  It means that to help put a real face on agriculture, USFRA selected people who are proud of what they do, eager to share their stories, and are actively involved in sharing their experiences in public and on social media.  (But I’m going to anyway.)

If I’m selected, I’ll spend the next year representing farmers at different events around the country. (Here it comes.)

From today until Nov 2, you can vote for me on USFRA’s Facebook page:
Scroll down until you see my name and video and select the Place My Vote button.  You must have a Facebook account to vote.  If you don't, you can register for one right there.  Votes will be factored into the final decision to pick the next Faces of Farming & Ranching. (That’s ten days, and you can vote once a day.)

If you think I’ll do a good job representing Michigan and agriculture, please take the time to vote for me once a day.  (If you want to share this with others, that’d be great, too.)

So far ... there was an extensive application process.  Essay questions, a video, recommendation letters, and references - it was sort of like applying to college!  

Then, a video crew came out to do the video you're going to see on the USFRA page.  They told me they would be there from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. to shoot the video.  I thought, it can't possibly take that long.  They were there exactly those minutes!  They did a great job.  (I loved how the crew was always trying to make my hair not stand straight up, or tell me to fix my shirt because it was crooked.  I need people like that in regular life.)   

After that, I had a phone interview with the four Faces of Farming & Ranching from last year, plus USFRA staff.  Now, it's the online voting!  The winners will be announced on Nov 12.  Thank you for taking the time to vote - I appreciate it.  If you see my hair sticking up straight in the video, it wasn't the crew's fault.  They did all they could.

For the next ten days of voting, I'm going to highlight ten of my favorite (and most popular) blog posts. 

Number 10:  
Five myths about farmers: a tongue-in-cheek look at our industry.

Please take the time to vote (today and for the next 10 days!) HERE.  Thank you!  


No comments: